Roger grew up in Johnson County graduating from Shawnee Mission North High School, Baker University and Washburn Law School, Roger has lived in Overland Park over 20 years with his wife Ruth and daughter Sharon.
Roger is an accomplished local government attorney who provided counsel to various Johnson County Government Departments for nearly 30 years. With his legal background and local government experience, Roger knows the right questions to ask and how to find the answers.
A few of Roger’s accomplishments on behalf of Johnson County Government:
- Past President of the County Counselors Association of Kansas.
- Successfully defended Johnson County Government before the Kansas Supreme Court.
- Collected over $2 million in delinquent real estate taxes on behalf of county taxing units (schools, cities, parks, libraries, etc.) in the Overland Park Merchandise Mart bankruptcy case.
- Negotiated and drafted agreements incorporating the wastewater systems of Leawood, Lenexa, Mission Hills and Lake Quivira into Johnson County Wastewater increasing economies of scale and reducing customer wastewater charges.
- Negotiated and drafted the first automated lock-box tax collection agreement for the County Treasurer increasing tax collection efficiency.